Friday, July 6, 2012

8 Months Old!

My sweet baby boys were 8 months old June 21 (so I'm a little late with the posting)!  Life got in the way a bit....  James got very excited, reared back, and hit me in the bridge of the nose with the back of his head, breaking my nose.  Thanks, Jamesie.  So I had to have surgery this past Monday to repair it, because I was having trouble breathing out of the right side.  Surgery is over and done with, the bandage has fallen off, so I think I'm safely on the road to recovery.  Still in pain, but nothing I can't deal with.

Here we go....

 You both:
  • can get around pretty well - neither of you officially crawls, but you're pretty good at army-crawling or otherwise pushing yourselves to where you want to be.
  • are starting to work on standing up from a seated position and pull up on everything - your lion toy, mommy's arms and legs, the sofa - whatever is available.
  • are teething like mad, and we can feel bumps just under your gums.
  • are doing well with formula, four to six ounces every two and a half to four hours during the day.  You do solids (two pouches of Plum Organics or Ella's Kitchen) anywhere from one to three times a day - it depends on the day.



Bobby:
  • not sure of your exact stats, but a couple of weeks ago, you were 18 pounds, 2 ounces and 28 inches long.
  • can take or leave the solids.  You would be perfectly happy with just formula.
  • is still struggling with sleep apnea.  Some nights are good; some nights (like last night), not so much.  You sometimes wake up very scared from the episodes.
  • gets up on hands and knees and rocks back and forth, then gets very frustrated when he face-plants.  You're so close to crawling!
  •  is making more sounds than he used to - you're getting to sound more like your brother! 
James:
  • loves his solids!  If you feel you haven't had them recently enough, you chomp your jaws at me!
  • said his first word on June 21st - I swear.  I could swear that he said "mama" a few times.  He's said the syllable over and over and over plenty, but this was a specific "mama" when I entered the room.  He's done it a few times since, but I've yet to decide whether it's truly a word or just a sound.
  • got his first tooth July 5th!  You were so upset all day and just would not nap, and a little before dinner Honey Mama (my mom) stuck her finger in your mouth and announced that there was a tooth!  It's just poking through on your bottom right.  On top of that, you're running a slight fever (100.5) and your ear seems to be bothering you.  Dr. Ho says it's a virus.  Charming.
  • The curls just keep coming - you look just like your Grampus (my dad).  He now calls his hair "Jamesie hair" when he doesn't brush it!
  • This morning at the doctor you weighed 16 pounds 9 ounces.  Catching up with Bobby!

I am exhausted from being up off and on all night with Bobby, who just could not seem to get comfortable, but unfortunately I have to wait for the plumber, because our disposal spontaneously stopped working.  It's never boring around here....... 


 
A little chat with Bobber.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment