Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sleep Apnea?

My sweet Bobby was diagnosed with mild obstructive sleep apnea today following his sleep study last week.  I have no idea what this means.  The tech who did the study told me that infant sleep apnea is generally surgically correctable, but I don't know if that applies in this case or if because it's mild we just wait and see?  They're trying to work us in to discuss the results on Monday; otherwise, we won't be seen until our originally scheduled follow-up appointment on July 2.  I know that's only in about a week and a half, but I want my poor boy to sleep better!  I'm terrified of his having to have surgery, but I'm also afraid they're going to tell me to just wait and see.  Not really an option, if you ask me!  I guess we just have to wait for the appointment....


Bobby having a bottle after he was connected to all the wires and sensors for the sleep study.  They put a hat on him and wrapped it with tape (the blue stuff) to keep the electrodes on his head.
 

You can see the nasal cannula in this close-up.  He did just fine with the attachment of all the electrodes, but he hated the cannula that they put on to measure how much oxygen he took in and how much carbon dioxide he exhaled.  I felt so bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment